This is a rare opportunity to work in a $100B market currently served by old-school publishers and decades-old technology. We are building a high-growth global company with real revenue from real customers. We measure our success by how much we teach our students and how happy we make our customers. The market we serve is ripe for change and we have a leadership team, board of directors, and investor base that is ready to support the company as we move from being a market-leading product to becoming the standard platform for language instruction. The best part for us is that we get to do all of this as a passionate, empathetic, collaborative team with awesome people whom we sincerely like. We believe that truly rewarding work is only possible when you work with good people.
The Impact You’ll Have at Voxy:
Do you love to sales and business development? Does engaging with prospects and helping them solve problems in their business motivate you? Are you interested in working at a company that is striving to make the world a better place? If you are a top sales development performer, you can help us to take our business to new levels, globally!
What You'll Do:
The Sales Development Contractor will be on a short-term contract, reporting to Voxy’s Head of Marketing & Sales Operations, and will be based remotely. This contract role is responsible for supporting our global expansion in Japan by identifying revenue opportunities among schools, universities, and corporations. The ideal candidate may grow into a full-time salaried role, partnering with Voxy’s team members to compete on a global scale.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Working closely and collaboratively with Sales Executives and the Regional Manager to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Creating and prioritizing strategic target account lists within defined territories and industries
- Conducting high-volume outbound prospecting to qualify leads through phone calls, emails, and social media
- Responding to and qualifying incoming online and phone inquiries
- Achieving monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- Facilitating communications with senior executives at prospect accounts such as Deans, Academic Directors, and Human Resources Leadership to support deal closings
- Representing Voxy in Education and HR Events
- Setting yourself up for a successful career by learning the fundamentals to be a great salesperson and market leader
What We're Looking For:
- Fluency in English and Japanese required; Proficiency in a 3rd language highly desirable
- University Degree required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of corporate sales and/or marketing experience required; experience in technology sales at a fast-growing International company is preferred
- Familiarity with software and service organizations and strategic enterprise product development
- Experience working with (and exceeding) quantitative targets/metrics (i.e. quota)
- Gravitas, demonstrated by excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- The ideal candidate will be outgoing, passionate, relentless, autonomous, and a team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule based on global business needs
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation and commission
- Working remotely
- Awesome team of super bright, creative, talented, and passionate individuals