An individual contributor responsible for developing designs according to specification and for developing, refining and ensuring production of those designs to meet business needs. Will have limited responsibility leading smaller projects.
- Develop designs based upon Creative Briefs or Product Requirements that satisfy the business goals and objectives. Strong proven skills in graphic design, typography, and user interface design.
- Communicate, along with Senior Designers, with the front-end developers to insure best practices for creation of design and proper delivery of assets.
- Responsible for all phases of the project including: relationship management with internal clients, presentations, developing project schedules along with frequent updates.
- At a "senior" level, is capable of executing design concepts in a manner that consistently meets defined project and business objectives. Must have the ability to manage a project on their own with minimal direction. Builds strong cross-functional relationships within their project team(s) and is seen as the expert on user experience, interface design, and user research for that team. The Senior Designer has strong design talent, executes designs quickly and efficiently.
- Thorough knowledge of computers and the Internet—including both PC and Macintosh platforms. Well versed in all applications for the creation of graphic design for the Internet. Including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (including Illustrator & PhotoShop). An understanding of the basics of Web and Mobile Development and the requirements that Web and Mobile Development places upon design.
- Knowledge of prototyping and wireframing software such as: Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, InVision, Zeplin, etc. Should be able to prototype interfaces and interactions using Adobe After Effects as well.
- Have a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from a 4-year University or College of Art or have equivalent work experience. Should have at least 4 years work experience in this or a related field.
- Understands sufficiently the "big picture" of what clients need so they can create designs that effectively solve the client’s creative objectives. Working knowledge of the requirements of the creative development process including typical time, costs and resources needed to produce efficient, high quality work on time and to specification.
- Ability to work well with in a team environment, have good communications skills and be able to take direction from UX or Design Directors and Creative Director.
- Ability to self-direct and develop high quality designs that support objectives with minimal direction from senior creatives. Will be called upon to direct UX Designers and Assoc. UX Designers on a project-by-project basis.
- Will give input on staff evaluations.
- Understand user experience and how creative solutions can enable a better user experience. Employ this knowledge to bring value to all projects. Can communicate their creative approach and how it relates back to business objectives.
- Shows professionalism in all aspects of their daily tasks.
Extra skills that are not required but helpful are:
- Experience working in an ad agency or design shop.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status.