Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With 31 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Our investors include First Round Capital, GSV, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Social Capital, and we want you to join us.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Controller based in San Francisco to build and manage a high quality, scalable and efficient accounting organization to support the growth of our business. As our Controller, you will own and optimize all aspects of accounting operations, and will evolve our systems, processes, policies and controls. You will be a hands-on, operationally-focused leader who will dive in to details and tactics her/himself, while also shaping, articulating and managing strategic priorities to a small accounting team and others around the company. The Controller will be a strong partner with our Finance leadership to work cross-functionally and support departments in their execution against financial forecasts.
Leadership: create, and execute on, a vision for the accounting team that supports the company as it scales. Partner with Finance to play a leading role in hitting company targets: prepare and present results vs. forecast to ensure leadership is aligned on key actionable priorities to hit targets.
Financial Reporting: lead month/quarter/year-end close process, and publish timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP for internal, external and Board reporting. Provide executive team with visibility into financial performance, and analyze variances vs. plan. Be the technical lead to assess, implement changes and monitor compliance with ASC 606, FASB pronouncements and other industry technical guidance.
Systems/ERP: assess and implement best-in-class systems and processes for internal controls and reporting capabilities at scale. Manage implementations of Zuora and Netsuite. Serve as the lead on any system changes that require interdepartmental coordination.
Operations: manage and maintain controls over all accounting processes (A/R, A/R, payroll, etc.), with a constant eye towards scalability, accuracy, efficiency and simplicity for others. Safeguard all assets (cash, investments, fixed assets) and manage working capital efficiently. Maintain the cap table and manage stock options.
Audit & Tax: prepare company financials to be audit-ready, and manage future audits. Manage timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA with audit experience at Big 4 firm
- 8+ years of financial accounting in a high growth and/or tech environment, with 3+ years as a Controller at a SaaS company
- Excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current GAAP/FASB standards and requirements
- Experience evolving processes and controls, and migrating systems, from early stage startup to growth stage/mature company. Past experience with Netsuite and Zuora are a plus
- International accounting and intercompany/consolidations and FP&A experience a plus
- Advanced understanding of Excel for financial analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and partner with leaders across the company
- Demonstrated ability to work in a hands-on capacity
- Strong work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, high-growth environment
- Strong personal integrity with the highest ethical standards
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
- Parking and commuter benefits