Tynker is looking for an experienced video content developer with lots of creative ideas! In this role, you will design, develop and maintain original video content for Tynker's student audience who are learning to code. You will explain how to build games, apps, Minecraft mods and other creative projects using Tynker's visual programming language. You will join a dynamic team of content developers, designer and game developers and come up with new and stimulating ways to engage young coders to get creative with code.
- Record 3-5 minute videos using screen-capture tools while providing clear and concise voice instructions
- Create graphical multi-media content to explain concepts
- Publish new videos each week to engage our student audience
- Collaborate with game designers, curriculum developers and developers to maintain a steady stream of new and relevant content
- Learn Tynker's curriculum which introduces technologies such as game design, robotics, Minecraft modding, visual development, programming languages, web and mobile app development, augmented reality and artificial intelligence
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Technical Writing or English
- 3 years of experience as an teacher or training instructor, with technical training or K-12 curriculum development
- Ability to quickly grasp technical and business concepts and explain them clearly and concisely
- Experience with video capture tools such as Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Premiere or other e-learning development tools
- Ability to create simple visuals and animations to elevate the learning experience for kids
- Experience with managing a library of videos on streaming services such as Youtube or Vimeo
- Experience creating interactive e-learning courses and content.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment and revise content in a structured manner