Tynker is looking for a talented software engineer to join our game development team. In this position, you will collaborate with game designers, designers, developers and artists and drive the implementation of a variety of games designed specifically to teach kids to code. In this role, you will build games inspired by physics puzzlers like Angry Birds, arcade classics such as Pacman, and popular contemporary games like Candy Crush, Minecraft or Fortnite. Your games will inspire millions of kids to learn coding and get creative!
- Design and develop game kits that comprise of well-designed, documented, fully working games for kids to use, re-create and customize
- Collaborate with other developers and instructional designers to plan game-based courses and curriculum.
- Contribute toward Tynker's curriculum which introduces technologies such as game design, robotics, Minecraft modding, visual development, programming languages, web and mobile app development, augmented reality and artificial intelligence
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience designing apps or games
- 2-5 years experience at a game development company
- Proficient in 2D and 3D math and a solid understanding of CS fields including data structures, algorithms, UX, networks and operating systems
- Must be comfortable switching development environments, standards and code bases quickly and effectively
- Experience as a developer on a project that used Android and iOS technologies using Objective C, Java or Swift
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, so that you are able to articulate technical concepts for a young student audience.
- Must be proficient with common game patterns, various game engines, and articulate implementation strategies for designing different kinds of games such as platformers, mobile, puzzle, arcade, strategy and role-playing games.
- Passion for games and game development
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of energy and motivation
- Experience with OpenGL, ARKit and other 3D technologies
- Experience with drones, LEGO, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Bluetooth, and other hardware kits is a plus
- Experience designing APIs, SDKS and mobile toolkits is a plus