At CreativeLive, we strive to help millions of people all over the globe live their dreams in career, hobby, and life. We currently reach every country in the world with more than two billion minutes of educational content, and we’re just getting started.
We’re growing one big community of innovative thinkers, creative doers, and hustlers who believe everyone should have access to the tools and learning necessary to accomplish their goals and reach their dreams. We know at our core that creativity gives us hope - helps us innovate, imagine, and make the world around us more like the one we wish to see.
We’re looking for candidates who share our vision to join our dynamic team and build the future of creative education. Come make a difference across the globe with your unique talents. There’s a creator in all of us.
As our SEO Manager you will help build the function for students to find the classes that will improve their lives. You will be responsible for CreativeLive’s SEO strategy across all verticals and editorial channels, leading our efforts to build a world-class SEO strategy to make our vast educational content library discoverable to everyone. Strong acquisition marketing skills are essential in this role, as you will be integral in scaling SEO based on data and analytics. Your deep understanding of SEO will result in driving qualified traffic and revenue to our site and producing meaningful results for prospective students searching for a creative educational content.
This role is slated for 3-6 months, with the possibility of hire after the initial term.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop and manage site standards for SEO best practices and maintain site SEO hygiene including duplicate content, broken links, and other potential issues
- Serve as an evangelist for SEO within the company by helping educate marketers, writers, engineers, and product managers on the importance of SEO and implementing SEO best practices into the development process.
- Monitor and optimize organic search traffic through ongoing site and technical audits & keyword research
- Collaborate with editorial and content marketing to conduct keyword research and develop comprehensive plans for targeting key terms
- Identify growth opportunities in site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization
- Create SEO dashboard including rankings, trends, inbound links & traffic
- Recommend and create high-quality content in collaboration with our content marketing team to drive high quality inbound links
- Help develop landing page strategies, content, and measurement
- Work with the product/engineering team to specify, build, test, and launch new SEO products, features, and experiments
What We Are Looking For:
- 7-10 years of SEO experience (in-house) with a proven track record of on-site and on-page optimizations that drive organic growth
- Familiarity with content marketing strategies that drive backlinks
- Deep knowledge of search engine algorithms, white-hat ranking strategies, and best practices
- Knowledge of search engine algorithms & SEO tool/vendors
- Proven track record of optimizing e-commerce or large content sites for competitive head terms and long tail keywords
- Strong quantitative skills, ability to quickly analyze data and take action on it
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Experience with technical site audits
- Comfortable working in a team environment and with technical teams
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for getting results
- Direct experience with web analytics suites such as BrightEdge, SEMRush, and/or Google Analytics and deep knowledge of webmaster tools
- Knowledge of search engine marketing (SEM) best practices a plus
Note: This role is slated for 3-6 months employment, with the possibility of permanent hire after the initial term.