Key Objectives for this Role:
The Lesson Leader working within this unique program will provide highly engaged oversight, guidance and support to a caseload of graduate-level participants. The Lesson Leader will:
- Provide feedback to student submissions
- Respond to a limited number of discussion board posts
- Lead two one-hour synchronous sessions per week, open to all enrolled students, in which the leader will moderate a conversation on the topics presented and answer general, logistical questions.
- Make recommendations, at the completion of the Lesson, as to how it could be improved based on observations and student feedback
The Lesson Leader is not required to be a subject matter expert in the topic of the Lesson. As the purpose of these professional development Lessons is to cultivate a rich, dynamic conversation among fellow educators, the course is designed to help participants cultivate resources, make professional connections, and develop new skillsets and resources they can employ in their classrooms. The Lesson Leader is present to stimulate conversation, provide limited feedback, and escalate participant problems or questions that arise.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and education:
- Experience providing student support
- Experience in online learning
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Proven ability to work within a flexible, dynamic schedule
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
HotChalk helps great universities be great online. HotChalk’s technology-enabled platform seeks to transform higher education by unleashing data, analytics, and Silicon Valley design principles to continuously improve the online experience of educators and learners alike. We deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve -- because we believe every mind matters.
Are you passionate about education? Join us as we bring the opportunity and promise of education to those who need it most. See how you can be part of a team of talented and committed professionals dedicated to harnessing the power of education to impact the world.