Turnitin is revolutionising the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, California with international offices in the UK, the Netherlands, South Korea and Australia.
You will play a critical role in the delivery of world-class client support and are responsible for responding to technical and non-technical customer queries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a technical or customer support background to expand our Product Specialist. The successful candidate will possess very strong problem-solving and communication skills. They will thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, and process the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This role is best suited for a self-starter who is comfortable working with internal and external customers.
- Proactively support the Turnitin product line via primarily email, (sometimes phone), ensuring problem resolution, system access, and optimal system performance.
- Coordinate closely with Engineering, QA and Product Management on all product issues & releases
- Provide product orientation sessions for clients.
- Develop positive customer and cultural relations.
- Assist in the translation, maintenance, and updating of technical documentation associated with the product line.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to provide feedback and inform development and Sales around customer needs
- Assist Sales Operations with collecting and monitoring product feature adoption and performance metrics
- Support other strategic initiatives as needed.
This role is part-time. The hours fluctuate from 7.5 hrs (1 day) to 30 hrs (4/5 days) throughout the year, roughly following the school term into quarters of the year to meet our busy periods, so about 13 weeks of 7.5hrs (during summer etc) followed by 13 weeks of 30hrs and so on which equates to a 0.5 part-time role. The salary is paid evenly over the year.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicant with experience working in a customer support role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, set priorities, work independently, and perform under pressure.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material and possess excellent judgment.
- Familiarity wiith Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas and D2L
- Broad understanding of web technologies and Software as a Service (SasS)
- Pension and life assurance schemes
- Great working environment with an exciting team in an expanding company
- Gym membership contribution and various salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work, childcare and parking/travel.
- Generous holiday with additional discretionary time off between Christmas and New Year