Turnitin is revolutionising the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, California, with international offices in Newcastle, Utrecht, Seoul, Melbourne, Noida and Mexico City.
Product Specialists play a critical role in the delivery of world-class client support and are responsible for responding to technical and non-technical customer queries. The post will be assigned to triage of support cases for local and global clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a technical or customer support background to expand our Product Support Team. The successful candidate will possess very strong problem-solving and communication skills. They will thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, and process the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This role is best suited for a self-starter who is comfortable working with internal and external customers.
- Proactively support the Turnitin product line via primarily email, (sometimes phone), ensuring problem resolution, system access, and optimal system performance.
- Triage all cases that are raised with product support in a timely manner, achieving a first contact resolution where possible or routing the case accordingly.
- Act with integrity throughout all internal and external communications
- Coordinate closely with the wider Global support team in a collaborative manner.
- Ensure that a great attention to detail is apparent on all support cases handled
- Develop positive customer and cultural relations.
- Assist in the translation, maintenance, and updating of technical documentation associated with the product line when required.
- Participate in regular team meetings, bringing observations of potential trends and issues to light
- Support other strategic initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years experience working in a customer support role
- Fluent spoken/written English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly understand customer requests, set priorities, work independently, and perform under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with the Internet.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Proficient in one or more of the following browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome)
- Comfortable following set processes and not deviating from guidance provided
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material and possess excellent judgment.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, Moodle and Canvas
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Broad understanding of web technologies and Software as a Service (SasS)
- Any additional language skills would be highly beneficial
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status