Turnitin is revolutionising the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, California, with international offices in Newcastle, Utrecht, Seoul, Melbourne, Noida and Mexico City.
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for maintaining the General Ledger, balance sheet account reconciliations, and supporting other work for TEPL. This position requires the ability to work, adapt, and evolve in a fast-paced environment, often working under tight deadlines, changing requirements, and teams in multiple time zones. Dedication, quick thinking, good decision-making, and a high sense of urgency are critical traits for this role.
- Daily application of TEPL customer payments to receivable balances. Includes reviewing bank activity, investigating discrepancies, following-up with various internal functions, and applying cash received to customer accounts on a daily basis in NetSuite.
- Record daily cash activity
- Perform bank reconciliations and balance sheet account reconciliations monthly
- Assist with tax filings
- Perform employee expense report reviews and process employee expense reimbursements using Concur. Ensure employee expenses are in compliance with company policy. Set up employee reimbursements on line in bank for approval.
- Manage local corporate credit card program
- Reconcile employee corporate credit card expenditures with Concur and corporate credit card statements
- Manage Accounts Payable for TEPL. Ensure all vendor invoices are input into NetSuite, properly coded and vendors are paid timely. Coordinate payments with 3 rd party accounting firm
- Central liaison for all vendor inquiries
- Coordinate the reconciliation of office petty cash
- Reconcile TDS and GST accounts and coordinate with 3 rd party accounting firm on filings
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required for TEPL
- Reconcile monthly NetSuite with local statutory books maintained by 3 rd party accounting firm
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects
- BS degree in Business/Finance/Accounting
- 2 - 3 years hands on and increasing levels of Accounting & Finance experience in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills and hands-on exposure to accounting systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across a variety of functional areas
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities, and tight deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision
- Must be able to move among various tasks and address responsibilities in a "hands on' detail-oriented manner with an ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Dedication to needs of the total organization Self-starter and proactive thinker
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status