Clever is the fastest-growing product in K-12 education, depended on by over 300 software companies and over half of America's schools. These organizations rely on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 20 million students every day. Clever's job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system.
You’re an experienced designer, focused on understanding users and crafting easy-to-use products. You’re excited to apply your skills to a broad spectrum of challenges: from designing a login page for a five-year-old, to helping application partners communicate with their district counterparts, to researching the needs of Chief Academic Officers at the largest school districts in the country. You excel at defining the problem space, gathering insights from users, iterating quickly, and working with engineers to see your ideas implemented.
- Research the problems faced by Clever’s diverse array of users (students, teachers, school administrators, and application partners) to discover opportunities for improving existing products and creating new experiences they truly love.
- Understand the business strategy and can articulate how proposed designs map to business needs.
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to create solutions that serve clear business and user needs.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features and products.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other designers and stakeholders on your product.
- Champion a high bar for design excellence across Clever’s products and services.
- Mentor other designers and contribute to product & design process improvements.
- You have at least three years of professional experience as a full-time product designer.
- Your portfolio showcases high quality work in interaction design, visual design, and ideation.
- You’re a flexible designer who spans the end-to-end design process — from outlining workflows on a whiteboard, sketching wireframes on paper, to putting together high fidelity prototypes.
- You’re capable of iterating quickly, rolling up your sleeves, and being self-directed.
- Your design is driven by a deeply developed awareness of your users and their context, asking “why?” as often as “what?”
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can present designs to and gather feedback from internal teams, executives, and external partners.
- You’re excited to be part of a diverse, collaborative team of product managers, engineers, and other teammates.
- Experience leading user research projects is a plus.
- Experience using prototyping tools like Framer or Origami is a plus.
What Clever offers
- A chance to revolutionize the way schools use technology
- Competitive salary and significant equity in well-funded, high-growth company
- Catered lunch, daily
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, & dental coverage
- Unlimited Amazon.com credits for learning
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers