Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With 31 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Our investors include First Round Capital, GSV, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Social Capital, and we want you to join us.
About this role
A position of leadership. As an experienced member on the team you'll set the standard for quality design at Remind while other designers will look to you to help mentor them and grow. As a lead at the company, your cross-functional partners will look to you to drive the solution narrative from the ambiguous early stages of a problem to making sense of what we learn after shipping.
A voice for design. As a member of the design team you'll advocate for user needs while iterating through solutions, across Remind's product, process, and organization, to influence the entire customer experience through Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success.
The right candidate is as detail-oriented as they are systems-minded with an eye toward driving simplicity through clear storytelling.
- Embrace complex design problems and drive simplicity through elegant solutions.
- Create user-centric designs across platforms by incorporating insights from both qualitative and quantitative data. We want you to be data-informed and opinionated.
- Partner with engineers, fellow designers, PMs, and strategists to build products and features from conception to launch.
- Contribute to the vision and overall strategy in high-level product decisions.
- Seek new opportunities to develop your skills within the role and the organization.
- You communicate ideas to different audiences clearly and persuasively with a confident understanding of shipping software.
- You give and welcome honest, thoughtful feedback.
- You're a strong graphical communicator and you're comfortable leveraging Remind's existing brand in new contexts and expanding on it when needed.
- You can validate ideas through prototyping (InVision, Framer, Flinto, Origami, Keynote, Principle, HTML, etc).
- You can work across multiple platforms and screen sizes/densities (iOS, Android, Web, etc).
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Parking and commuter benefits