As an engineer on the Secure Sync team at Clever, you’ll work on the first product Clever launched, and that product's success is the foundation for everything else we build. Secure Sync allows our learning application partners to automatically create accounts for students, teachers, and staff so that they can use their application on day one.
The story of educational technology is one of unfulfilled promise. There are many great educational software products on the market, but it’s tough for developers to get them working in schools, and even tougher for schools to manage and evaluate them. We’re trying to fix that.
When we started six years ago, four schools used Clever. Today, Clever is used by more than half of all K-12 schools in America (over 60,000), making it the fastest-growing company in education. We are trusted by 90% of the top 100 school districts across the US, and more than three million students use Clever every day to log in to their online learning software. We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
As an engineer on the Secure Sync team, you will be part of a tight-knit, collaborative team working on impactful features like:
- Secure APIs that can scale and give fine-grained control to districts on what student data apps can access
- Intuitive UIs to give districts control over the data they share with each application, and applications control over the data they receive
To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering blog at engineering.clever.com.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
Things We’re Looking For
We’re hiring software engineers at all experience levels.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
Experience with any of the tools we use is a plus.
What Clever offers
- A chance to revolutionize the way schools use technology
- Competitive salary and significant equity in well-funded, high-growth company
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, & dental coverage
- Unlimited amazon.com credits for learning
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers