At its core, education has a fundamental data problem: schools run on legacy infrastructure that's difficult for developers to build on. We're on a mission to replace the terrible things that engineers have to do to build learning applications for schools (think nightly CSV FTP transfers) with products that make using technology in the classroom easy and safe.
The story of educational technology is one of unfulfilled promise. There are many great educational software products on the market, but it’s tough for developers to get them working in schools, and even tougher for schools to manage and evaluate them. We’re trying to fix that.
When we started six years ago, four schools used Clever. Today, Clever is used by more than half of all K-12 schools in America (over 60,000), making it the fastest-growing company in education. We are trusted by 90% of the top 100 school districts across the US, and more than three million students use Clever every day to log in to their online learning software. We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
As an engineer you would work on one of six tight-knit, collaborative teams to ship impactful products like:
- Instant Login: Clever's Single Sign-On portal empowers teachers by making it easy for their students to use learning applications
- Secure Sync: Power the edtech ecosystem with APIs that scale and give districts fine-grained control over what student data learning applications can access
- Clever Goals: Track student progress in learning applications and help students and teachers celebrate when they meet their targets
- Internal Products & Data Engineering: Products that empower our teams to do meaningful work at scale and a platform that provides strategic data insights
- Clever Library: Empower teachers to discover and try out learning applications with their students
- Infrastructure: Products that help other teams build services that are fast, simple, and safe-by-default.
- Security: Lead the efforts to secure our services and protect our customers
To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering blog at engineering.clever.com.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
Things We’re Looking For
We’re hiring software engineers at all experience levels.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
Experience with any of the tools we use is a plus.
What Clever offers
- A chance to revolutionize the way schools use technology
- Competitive salary and significant equity in well-funded, high-growth company
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, & dental coverage
- Unlimited amazon.com credits for learning
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers