Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Test Engineering at Coursera is all about delivering high quality software used by millions of learners across the world. We are looking for someone who is innovative and passionate about quality. You will own testing of one or more major functionality of Coursera’s website from the definition of test plans to their implementation, reporting and automation. We’re in the process of forming a Test Engineering team at Coursera, and this is a great opportunity to join as one of the earliest contributors and shapers of the team.
- Own the testing in one or more specific areas and drive continuous improvement and innovation in test coverage and test effectiveness
- Design and implement test strategy to improve efficiency in manual testing
- Design and implement UI testing using frameworks such as Puppeteer or Selenium
- Design and implement API tests to increase testing efficiency and effectiveness
- Improve our existing test automation frameworks and infrastructure
- Bachelors in computer science or relevant experience
- 2+ of years of testing experience, ideally testing web applications
- Experience with test automation (Puppeteer, Selenium, Cucumber)
- Experience with API testing (Postman, SoapUI, JMeter)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous startup experience and testing in an Agile development life cycle is a plus