You’re an articulate thinker with the ability to take direction, react quickly, and interact productively during brainstorming sessions. Working in a fast-paced dynamic environment where creatives and marketers work together to solve tactical and brand initiatives, keeps you excited about your job. You maintain a positive attitude under pressure and have the ability to prioritize your workload and multi-task within tight timelines. You have the ability to speak, plan and organize your work on a strategic level, but you’re also comfortable executing the tactical implementation of initiatives. You’ll work with numerous internal stakeholders and marketing team members to ensure messages are sent on-time, without error, and that the email engagement strategies are constantly improving.
HotChalk’s marketing team is looking for a CRM email engagement strategist to join the engagement & experience group. The position will be responsible for devising the email marketing strategy and developing campaigns to drive engagement and enrollments for partner programs. This role will partner with the data, tech and enrollment teams to ensure perspectives and students receive a consistent, personalized, omni-channel experience. The CRM email engagement strategist will understand company-wide goals and key areas of focus, analyze past email results, and develop appropriate programs that leverage past data and insights to support company initiatives.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish rules, guidelines, and best practices to effectively manage CRM initiatives
- Identify and advocate for solutions to key stakeholders, including senior leadership, partners, and other end users
- Manage the unsubscribe process and incoming unsubscribes as required
- Maintain vendor relationships with email marketing platforms
- Work with our partners and internal systems on data hygiene, segmentation, and A/B testing of email templates
- Using your knowledge of HTML, prepare email templates for sending across various platforms for multiple purposes, including but not limited to, student recruitment, alumni engagement, donor cultivation, and event promotion
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution
- Act as our an in-house expert on the use of email communications and platforms
- Conduct quarterly reviews of reoccurring and triggered email communications, and evaluate campaigns for recommended enhancements
- Monitor email performance analytics for trends and opportunities for improvement
- Using data to better understand our customers, create email-target segments, and improve the timing and deliverability of our communications.
- Creating strong, cross-functional partnerships with creative, marketing, admissions and other stakeholders to ensure smooth operations and effective support
- Maintaining a deep understanding of our student experience ecosystem and working closely with the marketing team to align email campaigns with journey touch-points
- Leading the expansion of our email capabilities through learning new approaches, best practices, strategies, and testing out new technologies
- Reviewing emails before sending, guiding subject line creation and email structure and making sure they adhere to brand guidelines and are grammatically correct
- Monitoring metrics and reporting on key performance indicators
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay on top of multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Takes initiative, having a strong work ethic and desire to build new programs and implement new ideas
- Very well-rounded with good creative judgment coupled with strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with remote and in-person team members across multiple geographic locations
- Embraces a can-do attitude, and is effective in recommending new courses of action and gaining buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment where marketers work together to solve tactical and brand initiatives
- Must be a true team player that is focused on the “we” results
- Availability to travel 1-2 weeks per quarter for work-related activities and events
- Comfortable following a brand style guide to make on-brand decisions and recommendations
- Strong analytical skills and experience: Google Analytics, Heap, etc.
- A track record of executing successful marketing programs that generated sales growth and/or had a measurable impact on other KPI’s
- Experience in higher education
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; marketing or communications is preferred
- 5+ years hands-on experience with email marketing
- An understanding of email best practices, CAN-SPAM and GDPR laws
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job: loading and unloading vehicles, moving and carrying boxes, event setup and tear-down, using dollies and hand trucks to move and store materials. Ability to regularly bend, crouch, and kneel; stand and walk for extended periods of time; work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.