Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
As a Technical Program Manager Intern at Coursera, you will be empowered to actively engage in all parts of the product development lifecycle. You will help build and manage well-engineered products that shape new platform features and advance our technical infrastructure. You will be an essential member of a highly collaborative team building the world’s best reliable, scalable, testable, and efficient systems.
We innovate, productize, and iterate at start-up speed, using modern engineering practices. When you join our team, you will be given the opportunity to take ownership of significant parts of the product development process.
- Manage small engineering projects and drive the design, development, and release process
- Gather and shape detailed business requirements from stakeholders and work closely with technology staff to translate requirements into functional designs and specifications
- Create user stories and use cases that include appropriate level of technical direction and address the appropriate needs of the stakeholder
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and engineering teams to support the ongoing partnerships between different functional teams
- Meet objectives and deliverables by managing project scope, time, quality, and budget
- Drive risk mitigation and problem resolution, as issues arise
- Assist and participate in facilitating critical decision-making with trade-offs between investment, schedule, and customer benefit
- Pursuing a MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Understanding of the product life cycle and the operational aspect of getting an application from development to production
- Ability to work with, relate to, and manage business and technical interdependencies in order to deliver projects successfully
- Experience in systems software, algorithms, network programming and/or developing/designing large software systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment