As an engineer on the DEIP team, you'll be working on the products other teams at Clever depend on to do meaningful work at scale. Through our analytics pipeline, DEIP empowers other teams to unlock insights through data.
The story of educational technology is one of unfulfilled promise. There are many great educational software products on the market, but it’s tough for developers to get them working in schools, and even tougher for schools to manage and evaluate them. We’re trying to fix that.
When we started six years ago, four schools used Clever. Today, Clever is used by more than half of all K-12 schools in America (over 60,000), making it the fastest-growing company in education. We are trusted by 90% of the top 100 school districts across the US, and more than three million students use Clever every day to log in to their online learning software. We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
As an engineer on the DEIP team, you'll be part of a team where your users are sitting mere desks away, working on challenges like:
- How to scale our analytics pipeline as Clever grows
- Enabling our success teams to help schools and learning applications through our internal admin platform
- Collaborating with product and other teams to optimize workflows and iterate quickly
- Integrating third-party APIs to unify Clever data with other data sources to help us better serve both schools and applications
To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering blog at engineering.clever.com.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we write frontend code in Node.js, TypeScript, and React with Redux and use Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Dynamo, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
Things We’re Looking For
We’re hiring software engineers at all experience levels.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
Experience with any of the tools we use is a plus.
What Clever offers
- A chance to revolutionize the way schools use technology
- Competitive salary and significant equity in well-funded, high-growth company
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, & dental coverage
- Unlimited amazon.com credits for learning
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers