Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 39 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
At Coursera, our Talent Acquisition team furthers our mission by hiring the best and the brightest in impactful roles across the organization. As a Recruiter, your goal will be to find diamonds in the rough, and partner closely with hiring managers to build creative strategies that quickly target high quality candidates. You'll partner with the Data Science, Design, and Services organizations on their hiring efforts.
This role is all about bringing on the most talented folks, maintaining a great culture as we grow, and operating at a hustle to keep it all moving. To be successful, you should be great at juggling multiple reqs with a high volume of candidates, proactive and self-motivated, have a strong sense of urgency, and a passion for bringing education to the world!
- Partner closely with hiring managers across our enterprise sales team, learner & partner services, marketing, finance, facilities, and legal teams
- Build and maintain robust pipelines with a strong emphasis on candidate experience - everyone you meet and talk to should want to work at Coursera!
- Provide insights into the company, team and role for candidates to ensure alignment and fit
- Drive the recruiting process in a timely manner
- Own the talent pipeline and candidate experience from outreach to interview to closing
- 4+ years of experience in recruiting
- Top-notch organizational skills, great follow-through, and even-keeled when volume picks up
- A strong eye for talent and the ability to quickly screen resumes, pick up on verbal and visual cues, and translate it as meaningful feedback to managers
- Possess a creative mind that can think of out-of-the-box solutions
- Passion for the thrill of the hunt and the search for hard-to-find candidates