Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 37 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Internal Communications and employer brand lead will work closely with executives, product and engineering leadership, People Ops (HR), Talent, Marketing and other functions within Coursera. S/he will focus on amplifying opportunities to internally showcase innovations, organizational clarity, thought leadership and employer proposition. S/he will also manage brand messaging on external employer brand touchpoints such as Glassdoor, Linkedin and other career sites.
The ideal candidate will have experience in creating a strategic internal communications charter, intranet rollout and management, and a culture where communication serves as a tool of alignment, clarity, and pride. The candidate should be able to demonstrate strong writing skills, and a track record of packaging complex business, people and product initiatives into inspiring, consistent and easy-to-understand narratives. Collaboration and the ability to influence cross-functional teams is important as this role requires interaction with every part of the business.
- Putting together and ‘internal first’ comms strategy in partnership with key stakeholders
- Working with our Talent and People Ops teams to create consistency across employer messaging/touchpoints
- Working with senior leadership of the company to develop clear and consistent internal narratives around business, product and people topics
- Developing internal communications plans around launches, uncovering stories of innovation and opportunities to showcase high performing teams
- Re-imagining intranet and all hands to host curtain-lifting stories that aptly demonstrate our products and engineering excellence. Taking measures to drive traffic to the site, and using other distribution channels to promote the message.
- Partnering with People Ops on submissions for best employer awards/lists
- 7-9 years of Internal Comms experience
- Proven record of running internal comm mandate in a complex, fast-growing tech companies
- Ability to advise senior management on internal comm imperatives
- Ability to extract salient information from multiple sources and synthesize narratives
- Brings creativity, positivity, and high-energy with an ability to execute
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills