Who We Are
Fairygodboss is an early-stage start-up based in New York. Our mission is to improve the workplace for women by creating transparency. We do this by creating a safe, anonymous and supportive place for women to leave job reviews and insight into compensation, benefits and culture. Our platform reaches over 3 million users every month and is sponsored by over 80 top employers. We are looking to double our technical team in 2019.
What You Will Be Doing
We are currently rebuilding our platform and looking to bring on an experienced data engineer to:
- Develop personalization and recommendation engines used to tailor unique experiences and results on a user-by-user basis for each of our various projects.
- Build out and support our Real-time and Batch processing pipelines.
- Configure and monitor our event logs and analytical data stores.
- Configure and maintain our BI tools and reporting libraries.
The ideal candidate should have experience with real-time user data processing and storage. The candidate will also have experience working with stakeholders to identify important metrics that can then be incorporated into our APIs for both internal and external use.
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years experience work with real-time/streaming data
- Experience with a RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with real time data streaming tools (e.g. Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis)
- Experience working with an OLAP or Time Series Databases (e.g. Druid)
- Experience with a data processing solution. (e.g. AWS Athena, Apache Spark)
Nice To Have:
- Experience building APIs
- Experience building personalization or recommendation engines
- Experience with Machine Learning/Data Science
Other Tools We Use:
- Docker & Container Orchestration Tools
- Druid & Kinesis
Highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Who We Are:
Fairygodboss is an early stage startup based in New York, with offices in San Francisco and Nashville. Our mission is to improve the workplace for women by creating transparency. We do this by creating a safe, anonymous and supportive place for women to leave job reviews and tips about employer pay, benefits and culture. We’re growing rapidly and expanding our team.