This is an admin role in the Executive Office of Andela, perfectly suited to a smart, driven, intellectually curious individual who wants to work with and learn from some of the sharpest C level peeps in the start-up world. If you want to witness and take part in how a start-up operates, strategizes, and iterates you will see all of this first hand and at our normal speed of 100 mph. There is a lot of administrative tasks involved with this role but at the same time you get to thoroughly learn the business because without context in what the goals, needs, personal preferences of the players are, you can’t adequately execute the role.
Reporting to the Executive Coordinator to the CEO, and in conjunction with the EC, you will support the needs of the offices of the CEO, COO, CFO. You are prepared to handle a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks.You are able to work independently with little or no supervision. You are a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, positive, and efficient.
The individual has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, the ability to anticipate and course correct. Seeking a highly organized individual who embodies the concept of “continuous improvement”. Valued skills for this role would be the ability to re-prioritize and pivot several times/day, the ability to not drop the multiple balls that you are juggling at any given time, the ability to collaborate with the team on making sure needs are being met.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
Typical day-to-day would involve:
- Owning and managing administrative tasks for the three principles listed.
- Managing appointments and an extremely busy/active calendar, ensuring that meetings commence and end on time.
- Developing systems and processes that allow the support function to scale while the execs and company scale.
- Assisting in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites.
- Arranging and managing travel itinerary, agenda and logistics.
- Assist the Executive Coordinator and the Executive Team by welcoming visitors/guests, organizing dinners and other corporate functions, vetting and organizing locations for our quarterly Board of Directors meeting/dinner
The key attributes for this role are:
- You are able to hit the ground running on assignments and tasks with minimal guidance.
- You are able to think expansively, modify ideas for problem solving, take full ownership of your responsibilities and be willing to go the extra mile to get work done.
- Everyday you are exposed to confidential information at the highest level of the organization and you need to not only maintain strict confidentiality but you must also use the info you gain to guide and prioritize your work.
Creative Problem Solving:
- You are able to see around corners, proactively anticipate blockers to daily operations and solve for them.
- You understand and have learned enough about competing priorities to know what is most important and act accordingly
- You are also able to understand the scope of operation of the Executive Office, as well as develop relationships outside your own team to help get work done.
- You have a strong ability to think strategically and allocate your time accordingly
- You are able to deliver high-impact work within set timelines, while also being careful with all types of resources (e.g. money, time, materials etc).
- You understand the complexities of working with senior executives, and are able to navigate them seamlessly; you are unflappable.
- You understand confidentiality, and treat all persons at Andela in a way that encourages mutual respect, equality, diversity and inclusion.
A Deep Commitment to our Mission:
- You demonstrate ability and interest in creating large-scale change and impact.
In addition to the areas above, a great candidate for this role:
- Is a polished professional who demonstrates drive and initiative
- Is thrilled by the idea and challenge of working in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Is comfortable with self managing.
- Takes satisfaction in a job well done and done on time.
- Is not afraid of hard work or long hours on occasion
- Has a strong proficiency with the Google Suite of products (Mail, Calendar, Drive), as well as proficiency in designing, creating, and maintaining Drive spreadsheets
- Has very strong attention to detail and is willing to double and triple check their work.
- Understands the complexities of working with people in multiple locations.
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties.
- Can organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Has very strong logistical management skills
- Is a calm and effective multi-tasker, who doesn’t drop the balls
- Must be an all around awesome person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status