Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Google Ventures and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Learn more about us at www.andela.com.
About the Role
Andela is seeking a Senior People Operations Coordinator to join the people team to support all US locations (SF, Austin, New York) in addition to supporting the global roll out of people operations projects and processes. In this role you will build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience in providing human resources generalist responsibilities supporting all functional areas, including, payroll, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, compensation, HRIS management, and training.
- Responsible for end-to-end US Team People Operations and Admin Operations (Including Payroll oversight, onboarding administration, compliance, benefits administration, and other such administrative needs)
- Provide regular briefings to the People team on benefit management and administration matters
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Ensure conformity with recruitment requirements and compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops
- Respond to helpdesk tickets meeting all SLAs
- Project management as needed, developing new processes, driving business-impact initiatives, and hitting deadlines
- 2-4 years experience in an HR Generalist or Administrative function; BS/BA degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments required
- Desire for growth into a Global HR Professional career path
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to adapt to continuous change
- Willingness to work across all levels from strategic to administrative, has a “no job is too big or small mentality”
- Positive attitude, responsible approach and a self-starter that’s not afraid to dive in
- Ability to consistently balance multiple projects, programs and deadlines simultaneously
- Exceptional problem solving ability. You can figure stuff out
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact in follow-up on requests
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques
- Accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. US labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a collaborative team member