Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali. Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Pre-Bootcamp Learning Facilitator role
The Pre-fellowship facilitator at Andela will be an essential part of Andela’s Talent team strategy. This is a critical role at Andela as the success of our Bootcamps depends on the quality of developers that we admit through programs that an individual in this role will run. S/he would report to a Lead Learning Facilitator within the Bootcamp team, and work closely with other Facilitators, Community Managers e.t.c to set objectives, priorities, and implement and monitor program execution.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Facilitating and leading hands-on workshops for community members and aspiring Andelans, using Andela’s Home study Curriculum, and other Andela recommended or curated learning resources.
- Ensuring that learners develop technical and team skills in alignment with Andela’s developer framework.
- Tracking and managing learners engagement, learning velocity by ensuring that they complete their assessments on time and to a certain quality as guided by Andela principles and the design for the program being led
- Identifying learners who are fit for Andela Bootcamp after a certain period as guided by Andela’s hiring plan.
- Collaborating with the Curriculum team to provide insight into how our learning resources are being used, their efficacy, and how they could better support the learning of community members and aspiring Andelans.
- Gather, document, and surface critical feedback for program efficacy and iteration
- Deliver actionable feedback and watch people improve based on your input
- Continuously level up your own skills and grow with/into the organisation
Requirements for the role:
- Intermediate level experience with the following:
- Building web application backends using Node/Express and a relational database for persistence.
- Effectively working with relational databases in a Node backend, by using standard SQL queries instead of an ORM.
- Facilitating and leading hand-ons technical workshops for aspiring Andela developers or in community events.
- Giving and receiving actionable feedback in a learning environment, while being guided by and mindful of empathy
- Andela EPIC Values alignment
- Ability to support learners in a distributed environment
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people by applying feedback and technology
- You are biased towards action. You take action first and improve on the actions for optimal results.
- You possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience, as well as manage their expectations
- You drive results in a valuable way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through.
- You take initiative and have ownership. You can resolve issues and know when to escalate.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.