Who you are:
- You are an experienced Operations professional that enjoys being in a fast-moving environment.
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and caution.
- You have a passion for innovation, learning, and excellence.
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you.
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer within the teams you are on.
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, and quality driven.
- You are a champion of automation, who is always looking for ways to eliminate toil and manual procedures.
- You are eager to improve your knowledge of Software Development practices in a culture that values Software Craft, Lean processes, DevOps culture, and collaboration.
What you’ll own:
- As a Systems Engineer with a knack for troubleshooting and problem solving, you will be responsible for monitoring our environments, servers, and applications for health, performance and security. You will work with our talented team of Software Craftsmen to decide how to best create meaningful outcomes for our end users.
- Develop a flexible infrastructure to promote Developer self-service, while promoting continuity across our overall environment.
- Design, implement, maintain, secure, and scale core shared infrastructure, environments and servers.
- Development of tools and systems to support Developer self-service
- Server administration.
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment.
- Use technical expertise and experience to evaluate industry technologies and assess relevance.
- Collaborate with Product Experience Teams to research and address technical needs to the roadmap and develop new solutions.
- Maintain and improve standards of Operational Excellence.
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of infrastructure and services.
- Championing of continual improvement in the areas of reliability and performance.
- Forecast and assess reliability risks.
- Ensure all shared infrastructure is configuration managed.
- Collaborate with the Ops and DevOps teams, as well as Security, IT, and Software Developers.
Experience you’ll need:
- A successful candidate will have experience in key areas such as Cloud Ops (AWS), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation), and Configuration Management (SaltStack).
- Operations/Systems Engineering experience including the following is helpful:
- Strong systems administration skills, especially with Linux Operating Systems.
- Strong administration of HAproxy, RabbitMQ, Redis.
- Strong knowledge of network security and performance.
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001).
- Strong scripting proficiency in bash (shell), Python, and/or other languages.
- Database administration background in Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, and MSSQL.
- Strong understanding of Dev/Ops mentality and tools.
- Ability to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technologies or ideas.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Kafka a plus.
Technologies and tools you’ll use and interact with here:
- Linux - Ubuntu LTS, CentOS 7, Fedora Cloud, Amazon Linux.
- Windows - Server 2012 R2, 2016, Core.
- Tools - GitHub, New Relic, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Saltstack, Kubernetes, Docker, OpsGenie, Elastic Stack, Terraform, AWS CLI.
- Services - Haproxy, Nginx, IIS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper.
- AWS - EC2, RDS, ECS, VPC, Route53, ELB, ALB, Lambda, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Service Catalog, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, Directory Service, WAF & Shield, SQS, SNS.
- Data Stores - Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch.
- Other - Cloudflare, wpengine.com, Zuora, Adobe Experience Manager.
Languages in use here that you may help support:
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work every day knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds, and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.