Who We Are:
Fairygodboss is an early-stage start-up based in New York, with offices in San Francisco and Nashville. Our mission is to improve the workplace for women by increasing transparency. We do this by creating a safe, anonymous and supportive place for women to leave job reviews and tips about employer pay, benefits and culture. We’re growing rapidly and expanding our team.
If you're interested in learning the ins and outs of running a digital startup and improving the world for women at the same time, this job is for you.
- Drive organic editorial traffic growth in support of company’s user acquisition goals
- Responsible for overall content production cadence, FGB’s editorial voice and quality and aligning this to company growth objectives
- Manage the editorial team and all aspects of the editorial process, including:
- Recruitment and day-to-day management of editorial team members (including full-time team members, freelance writers and contributing writers)
- Setting strategy and process for editorial content that maximizes audience growth through a range of distribution channels (including paid, organic, newsletter, SEO, social media and syndication)
- Setting and enforcing brand guidelines to ensure a consistent FGB voice and tone, and establishing FGB’s cornerstone areas of focus and expertise
- Creating a sponsored content strategy, process and standards that maximize a lean team’s resources while providing excellent product that customers love
- Oversee overall editorial strategy and operations for Fairygodboss, including:
- Setting and managing a budget and financial plan that covers staffing, technology and other operational line-items
- Product development prioritization and advocacy (you will be the primary stakeholder for CMS technology, the front-end of editorial content product and associated social media tie-ins)
- Work with (and support) colleagues in adjacent and related areas (e.g. social media, community, product, marketing and/or other content areas such as multimedia content) in the manner necessary to deliver on your objectives (and theirs)
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- 5-10 years of relevant editorial experience + exceptional writing/grammar/proofreading skills
- Ideally 5-8 years of digital editorial experience, including experience with content marketing
- Ideally has proven success and experience with audience development
- Has prior management experience (recruiting, growing and managing a team)
This job is for someone who:
- Is extremely analytical and detail-oriented
- Is excited to build something from the ground up and be an integral part of the founding team
- Has experience working independently and figuring out how to solve problems by rolling up her / his sleeves
- Learns quickly and likes to move fast / works well under pressure
- Is nimble, flexible, scrappy and resourceful
- Is responsible and has integrity
- Full-time role based in NYC
Think you’re a fit?
Please apply with your resume/CV, a brief explanation of why you are interested in the role, and two writing samples (or links to your writing).