A bit about us
Voxy (www.voxy.com) is a leading web and mobile-based English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major corporations, educational institutions, and governments worldwide. Our approach is steeped in 20 years of scientific research, and our product is built with cutting-edge, patented technologies that enable us to dynamically create learning pathways from everyday media content. Voxy’s been shown effective - both in the lab and in the wild - which is no small feat for a digital education company. We are tackling a tough problem, but that’s okay; we love tough problems, and you should, too.
Our Sales and Marketing teams are responsible for selling and promoting one of the most disruptive educational technologies in the world. Our work is meaningful; we change the lives of our students and we are on a mission to change the lives of the additional two-billion English learners in the world that we haven’t reached yet.
The Sales Development Representative will be passionate, tough, and results-driven. You are outgoing with a dynamic and motivated personality, bilingual in English and Portuguese, and a versatile teammate.
- Conduct high-volume outbound prospecting to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Achieve monthly quotas of sourced qualified opportunities and closed business
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Executives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Build and prioritize strategic target account lists within defined territories and industries
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Respond to and qualify incoming online and phone inquiries
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be an excellent salesperson, leader and executive
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in English AND Portuguese (required)
- Bachelor's degree and evidence of academic and/or professional success while working towards your degree
- Strong desire to be in technology sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
It would be great if you also had:
- 2 years of corporate experience outside of undergraduate graduation
- Experience working with (and exceeding!) quantitative targets/metrics (e.g., quota)
- Prior sales or inside sales experience
- 3rd language proficiency
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy a:
- Competitive salary (base/bonus/equity)
- Great benefits: free food & drinks at the office, medical, mobile service reimbursement and free on-site language classes
- Work with the international team based in New York
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for attendance at industry or professional conferences!
- Incredible team of super bright, creative, talented and passionate individuals
- Great office location at the new WeWork Rua Butantã, 194 - Pinheiros