Reporting to the VP of Growth Strategy & Operations – and partnering closely with the VP of Revenue Strategy & Operations and senior marketing leadership; including our Chief Marketing Officer – the aim will be to drive, to accelerate, to optimize, and to create new growth opportunities for Pluralsight. You will be a critical member of the strategy & operations team to help create and drive the strategic vision and pathways for key strategic initiatives through execution. You will ensure that we create the pathway to capture new value to attain our future growth.
Who you are:
- A Lifelong Learner: You never stop learning. Your intellectual curiosity drives your growth – no external motivation is required. You see the value of learning about ‘all things.’ You find that understanding how things work and the hidden relationships that exists between topics allows you to create new and innovative solutions.
- A Problem Solver: You don’t shy away from challenges; you welcome them with open arms. You have a keen strategic mindset that allows you create structure in ambiguity by breaking-down problems to its root-causes, identifying potential solutions, and creating outcomes that take into consideration all potential implications. You are an ultra-structured problem-solver who produces zero-defect analyses that inform your data-driven recommendations.
- A Leader: You can navigate and influence across all levels and all departments of an organization with the ability to lead, manage, and guide those who may not directly report to you to drive the success of cross-functional projects. You are results-driven, authentic in all that you do, and know how to effectively move an organization without being overbearing.
- A Catalyst: You are an agent of change and an accelerant to everything you touch; you simply just make things better. You turn insights into action. You LOVE having fun but also know when to roll-up your sleeves and get to work.
What you'll own:
Experience you'll need:
- Develop strong relationships within the marketing leadership team and across critical cross-functional teams.
- Lead, scope research, recommend, and execute against new initiatives that support our holistic growth strategy.
- Define, prioritize, and optimize our plan to accelerate growth in our current core digital-led business.
- Identify new concepts to expand our revenue strategy, optimize existing spend, and achieve our revenue goals.
- Create and optimize the internal marketing operating model (processes, meetings, toolchains) to drive efficiency.
- A minimum of a B.S.; MBA is preferred but not required.
- 4-6 years of experience in a blue-chip consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain), a strategy & operations role or BizOps & strategy role at a technology company, private equity / investment banking, or various roles/projects focused on leading strategic initiatives at growth-stage companies and above.
- Deep analytical skills / business acumen, strong technical abilities (Excel/SQL), and executive communication skills.
- Past experience engaging with senior executives; including, preparing strategic analysis, creating recommendations, and implementing the proposed solutions.
- Experience managing mid-to-large cross-functional projects with varying degrees of complexity.
- Have been a manager of a small but highly-leveraged and high-impact team.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.