Our mission is to democratize opportunity - to make it easy for any student to build a great career, no matter where they go to school, what they're majoring in, or who they know.
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
How You Would Make an Impact at Handshake
Handshake is building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who value creating a high-quality, high-impact product. We are looking for an iOS Engineer who is an excellent generalist and has a strong focus on product development. You'll be working on a small, cohesive and highly-motivated team with other engineers, designers and product managers. You’ll get to share your perspective as a student and collaborate across teams to help shape our product.
Opportunities and Responsibilities
- Building robust new features within our existing iOS app to serve our students.
- Solving challenging and unique problems to improve our student-facing product.
- Collaborating with the Product and Design Teams to build an engaging student experience for the millions of students using Handshake across the country.
- Scaling out and refactoring existing systems in a services-oriented architecture.
- Speccing, discussing, developing, and deploying features to our client app that interacts with a large-scale, service-oriented architecture safely and reliably.
- Pursuing a CS (or related) Degree
- Deep interest in building high quality mobile products
- You’re interested in iOS development and are passionate and knowledgeable about one or more areas of iOS development.
- You love good design and friendly user-experiences.
- You have a healthy appreciation for automation, testing and building robust distributed systems.
- You are proud of your craft - you value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
- You have experience working with Swift and are eager to continue to learn and grow.
- You have experience working in conjunction with web services that power client apps.
- Prior internship experience preferred, but not required.
Technologies you'll get to work with
- Swift, UIKit, Cocoapods
- Xcode, TestFlight, Figma, Sketch
- Bugsnag, Firebase, Launch Darkly, Git/Github
- Slack, Jira
Our Mission for Your Internship
Handshake’s unique, comprehensive intern program will provide you with the tools and knowledge to carry you forward in your career. As a Handshake Intern, you’ll have an opportunity to experience meaningful work in your area of interest, define your career goals, develop new skills, and build relationships across Team Handshake.
We are growing rapidly so you will enjoy working in a fast-paced, fun environment with a team dedicated to our mission of helping students. We love to collaborate, make an impact and act with empathy as we build the Handshake product. You will spend time with a diverse group of individuals who are just as motivated, talented, and creative as you are.
We strongly encourage you to apply using the Handshake platform!