Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Design at Handshake
We’re designing the future of career discovery and recruiting for students; from their initial school acceptance letters to their first job offers, we’re committed to understanding and supporting each student as they navigate one of life’s most complex journeys.
Our design team is growing and we cover a lot of ground. We collaborate with every team across Handshake—from product management to engineering; from sales to support—because incorporating insights from across the business leads to better design outcomes. Creativity thrives in diverse environments, and we’re committed to growing a design team that reflects the diversity of students we serve and support.
Handshake is hiring a Lead Product Designer reporting directly to Handshake’s head of design on our growing team. This role will require you to span from strategy to surface, bringing a talent for systems thinking, simple data driven design, and seamless user experiences to support Handshake’s career services and employer products. Your work will be foundational to the student experience as well, helping universities and employers guide students through their early career discovery, connecting them with mentors, opportunities, and resources they might not otherwise know were available.
- Lead enterprise product design on a small, highly leveraged team.
- Work from concept to delivery to inform product strategy and shape experience for Handshake’s enterprise customers.
- Partner with product, research, and engineering to ensure projects are well defined, high impact, and successfully executed.
- Develop and improve a shared product design language across all enterprise surfaces, reflective of our brand and tailored to professionals on our platform.
- Design data rich professional interfaces with are both powerful and intuitive to use.
- Up level the entire team through commitment to growth and mentorship.
- Demonstrated experience leading design on professional products across both web and mobile.
- Familiarity with human centered/user centered design methodology and techniques.
- Experience experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- A collaborative, no ego, approach to working with others.
- A portfolio of impeccably executed enterprise product design.
- University degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...and much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.