We’re looking for someone who has a deep knowledge of marketing data including from vendor platforms, web traffic tools and our internal company database. This person will use their strong analytics skills and tools (Tableau, Excel and SQL) to craft stories and make recommendations to the Digital marketing team.
This role will drive strategic analytics projects in conjunction with the Data and WebDev teams. They will champion data driven decision making and the test and learn approach for the company’s marketing efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop strategy, benchmarks, goals, and KPIs throughout the entire marketing funnel from awareness to purchase
- Provide strategic analytics support for marketers on channels like SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Lead Aggregators, and Publisher Email.
- Be the company expert on marketing data and lead the data effort to curate marketing datasets to enable rapid analysis including developing a rich marketing event dataset from data collected from our Segment.com implementation.
- Work with our data and marketing team to maintain and update predictive forecasting model
- Analyze online and offline customer behavior and journey and build multi-touch attribution model
- Develop full funnel marketing dashboard to monitor KPIs for acquisition, retention and monetization
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data source
- Present impactful analysis and data stories to marketers and executives in a compelling way
- Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our ETL and Development teams
- Oversee delivery of test designs and results analyses, with actionable interpretations, across all marketing touchpoints
- 7+ years of experience analyzing large datasets and crafting compelling data stories
- 3+ years in a marketing focused role and core understanding of acquisition marketing
- Strong research and analytical mindset
- As comfortable talking deeply about data/statistics as you are with describing the results to executives
Critical skills for this position:
- Expertise in SQL and Excel
- Data Viz Guru (Tableau)
- Knowledge of Web Analytics (Google Analytics) and Segment.com
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present data stories in a clear, concise manner
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Bias for action
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
For more information about HotChalk, visit: http://www.hotchalk.com.