What You Will Be Doing:
The dev team embraces an agile development culture utilizing CI/CD to deploy features and deliver technical solutions in a fast and iterative manner. You will be brought on to support the tech team to:
- Improve the build and deployment processes for our various environments.
- Review and enhance our automation tools to allow for quicker branch integrations and deployments.
- Devise and execute formalized solutions for security, configuration, logging, alerting, monitoring, etc. for our platform.
- Work with QA to further incorporate existing integration suites into our build pipeline and production monitoring system.
- Work with product development to devise ways to create new environments on the fly in a cost effective and scalable way.
- Create and monitor the on-call process.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a supporting role that enables the engineering organization to be productive. This candidate should pride themselves on creating a well monitored and well maintained environment by setting up various tools and processes to give each team more autonomy.
- 2+ years of devOps or SRE experience
- Experience with managing and optimizing infrastructure and AWS costs
- Experience with Docker & Container Orchestration Tools
- Knowledge of build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Airflow)
- Knowledge of operations automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools (e.g. DataDog, Cloudwatch, Sentry)
Nice To Have:
- Familiarity with relational databases and data warehouses
- Experience working with distributed systems/services (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper)
Other Tools We Use:
- AWS (ECS - Fargate, EC2, SQS, Athena)
- Sentry & Cloudwatch
- Docker & Container Orchestration Tools
- Apache Druid & AWS Kinesis
Highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Fairygodboss is the largest career community for women*. Our mission is to help the women in our community by providing free resources and a safe, inclusive environment for highly motivated women to connect with other career-minded individuals and help one another to succeed. Millions of women visit Fairygodboss for career connections, jobs, community advice, virtual events and hard-to-find intel about how companies treat women.
*Fairygodboss is an inclusive community and when we use the term women, we refer to cis women, trans women and nonbinary individuals.