VP New Business Sales is an experienced and energetic sales leader who is highly motivated and passionate about contributing to a fast growth tech company, solving their customers problems and making an impact in the industry. This position will play a leading role in our next stages of growth which requires strong leadership, business acumen and a track record of building New Business sales organizations that deliver growth and results against aggressive revenue targets.
The candidate has a track record of exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. The candidate will be an expert at building organizational structure and processes, developing meaningful value propositions, and holding the team to the highest levels of performance and accountability. The candidate combines both the ability to use data to drive best practice decision making for business growth with the art of selling and influence. The candidate is ready to use leadership experience to be “hands on” in a high-growth tech 'unicorn' as we enter our next exciting growth phase.
● Building and implementing an effective 3 year growth plan to capture the New Business market opportunity for FGB.
● Providing leadership, direction and coaching to members of the New Business sales team.
● Attracting, retaining, and developing the best possible sales talent and instilling a performance-based culture built on selling and accountability.
● Holding the New Business sales team accountable for business results, key operational metrics and quarterly financial commitments.
● Forecasting accurate revenue achievement.
● Planning and implementation of sales strategy for FGB’s New Sales business by
leveraging market knowledge and developing product positioning and value
● Establishing a data-centric, customer focused solution approach to the sales process.
● Executing tactical and strategic business plans for existing and new clients.
● Developing and managing a robust pipeline of diverse use-cases in the customer
● Maintaining constant market and competitive activity monitoring in order to make
appropriate strategic and tactical sales recommendations in order to stay ahead.
● Identifying ways to integrate FGB into our clients' systems and workflows in order to
create stickiness and customer retention.
● Partnering closely with cross-functional teams including Sales Operations, Demand Generation SDR), Finance, Marketing, Editorial and Product to drive operational and product improvements
● Advocating and making compelling business to internal constituents in order to make business cases for needed resources.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● 7+ years of proven SaaS sales leadership experience with revenues of $25 M+.
● Demonstrable new business sales leadership experience in early stage SaaS companies
entering a rapid growth stage with ACV of $50k+.
● Expertise in prospecting, identifying and developing multiple use cases, and developing
strong relationships with the C-suite/SVP/VP in order to exceed sales quotas/targets.
● Depth and credible understanding of the challenges faced by Corporate Recruiting +
Talent Functions e.g. Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Employer Brand and Diversity and Inclusion within specific verticals in addition to their organizational structure and decision making processes.
● Experience driving a successful adoption of a sales methodology, such as Value Selling, Challenger Sales, Miller Heiman, etc. and sales force automation tools (SFDC, etc.) in order to improve revenue predictability, shorten sales cycles, improve close rates and improve ACV.
● Extensive experience successfully selling into complex accounts with a strong track record of negotiation and closing.
● Proven depth of business acumen and solution selling skills that combine to deliver compelling business centric customer solutions.
● Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations, company and product presentations and written communications such as email and proposals.
● Adept at delivering against quarterly business objectives and accountabilities while devising and operating within a strategic territory/business plan.
● Depth of previous experience managing people and their professional skills development; hiring, development and attrition experience with teams.
● Experience of successfully implementing new organizational models, including change management.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
● Achieves assigned organizational objectives for sales, profits, volume, product mix, and other strategic goals.
● Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the firm
Fairygodboss is the largest career community for women*. Our mission is to help the women in our community by providing free resources and a safe, inclusive environment for highly motivated women to connect with other career-minded individuals and help one another to succeed. Millions of women visit Fairygodboss for career connections, jobs, community advice, virtual events and hard-to-find intel about how companies treat women.
Our customers include over 150 Fortune 1000 companies including: Apple, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and IBM.